Table of Contents
Top Plaster Mixers for Dry Lining, Plastering and Tape & Joint UK 2020
Our top pick on our Best Plaster Mixer UK 2020 list, is the Dewalt Volt Paddle Mixer, comes as a bare unit,. Running at 54 V, It features the XR FLEXVOLT cordless tech, which delivers up to 2000W power performance. The device comes with a standard M14 paddle connection and the ergonomic dual handle design for comfort and proper control. Besides, it features a variable speed dial to suit an array of modern building materials. The Dewalt Volt Paddle Mixer is the best mixer brand available on the market today. It comes with 160mm centre pull-down swirl paddle for consistent and quick mixing. It is the perfect Paddle Mixer for any dry-liner or plasterer and will work perfectly with any of the sanders on our Best Drywall Sander UK 2020 List.
- It has an M14 threaded connector, which is usually standard fitment.
- The machine comes with a safety lock-off switch for lowering accidental starts whenever inserting battery or when on its side.
- It is an all-metal transmission machine that is ideal for the heavy-duty cycle.
- The machine features critical angle and width dimensions, which helps to reduce user fatigue.
This product refers to an agitator two-speed mixer that works best for low and high viscosity products. It comes with an ergonomic handle and frame that helps to provide comfort and also prevents fatigue. The machine comes with a twin geared powerful motor that works at about 1800W. All in all, it offers kneaders for up to 180 mm, gradual electronic change, and an automatic speed control switch. This is the most ergonomic paddle mixer on our best plaster mixer UK 2020 list.
- Kneaders for up to 180 mm
- Electronic speed control switch
- Twin geared powerful motor
- Ergonomic frame and handle
With a Refina Mega Mixer, you can generate a fast and thorough mix action that is ideal for modern building materials and plasters. The machine features a reliable 1150W motor and has an all-metal gearbox. Besides, it comes with the MR3 140G paddles, which are efficient. Also, it features mortar mixing, medium weight plaster mixing, switches protection, improved cable and a new design handle.
You will love how comfortable and easy it is to handle this machine since it features low splash, soft start, and a long-life & powerful gearbox. It comes with an array of interchangeable paddles, slow speed and high torque for powerful mixing. The device weighs about 4.9kg to ensure ease of application.
- It features fast and thorough mixing action.
- The machine is ideal for modern plaster and building materials.
- It has a switch for safe operation.
- The machine comes with a comfortable handle.
- It features high torque for powerful mixing.
- The transformation between paddles takes time.
The Silverline Plaster Mixer features lock-on switch, no-load speed 0-500 rpm, and a robust single-speed option. It has a mixing capacity of about 80 litres and comes with the female M14 x 2 fitting as well as the 120 millimetres mixing paddle. The machine is suitable for mixing grout, levelling agents, cement, and paint.
The robust single-speed option will work productively and help you complete the mixing of adhesives, cement, and plaster in no time. Also, the device has a powerful motor and features a soft-start to prevent splashing. The lock-on switch enables users to use the machine for a long time and, at the same time, offers a comfortable grip on the rubber handle to prevent hand fatigue.
- It comes with a 120mm mixing paddle for efficiency.
- The machine has a mixing capacity of about 80 litres to ensure maximum production.
- It has a lock-on switch that helps to prevent hand fatigue.
- The device features single-speed and an 850W robust motor for best performance.
- Shorter lifetime.
This product describes an anti-slip handheld electric mixer that features the UK plug and a 6-speed option. It serves the purpose of stirring cement, paint, mortar, and plaster. The device comes with a high mixing power of about 2100W to easily mix mid-viscosity fluids such as paint, cement, and plaster. Also, the device has a six-speed option that allows users to alter the rotation of the mixing paddle to suit their needs.
The machine has a press switch lock that allows users to relax their fingers when working. They can press the switch to restart the device automatically. Also, its handles feature an ergonomic design that enables users to attain a comfortable and secure grip. Above all, the machine comes with extra-free carbon brushes, and it is easy to assemble. It comes with all the necessary accessories, which makes the procedure for setting up to be simple.
- It is an anti-slip handheld electric mixer for efficiency.
- The device is suitable for plaster, mortar, paint, and cement.
- It features a high mixing power for quick performance.
- The six-speed options allow users to rotate the mixing paddle to suit their expectations.
- It has an ergonomic for comfort and safety.
- The device cannot work without the whisk end.
VonHause Plaster Paddle Mixer - Best Value
Our best value pick, is the VonHause Plaster Paddle Mixer, a type of machine that features plaster stirrers and comes with gear options. It features a two-stage safety
switch that is ideal for mixing adhesive, glue, mortar, paint, and plaster. If you would like to complete any DIY project successfully and within a small
period, the VonHaus Paddle Mixer is one of the best plaster mixer options you have. The device comes with a multipurpose paddle and 1600w motor, which is
Generally speaking, the device is suitable for stirring mid-viscosity liquids such as cement, mortar, plaster, paint, and glue
until it renders the mixture ready for use in DIY projects. We all understand
how strenuous and time consuming it can become to mix such products manually.
The mixer can help you to reduce the hard labour and keep your project on
Also, the two-gear motor offers flexibility to choose
between 0-990 rpm and 0-680 rpm to complete the mixing procedure within a
period that is ideal for the project. Also, the device features ergonomic
handles that offer comfort and provide a firm grip to ensure that the users
have sturdy control over the machine when it is working. Above all, the
two-stage starting mechanism helps to prevent you from turning on the mixer
- The 1600W handheld machine offers powerful mixing for paint, cement, plaster, and more.
- It features a two-geared system that enables users to alter the mixing paddle rotation
speed so that it suits their needs.
- The device will ensure safe operation since it comes with the two-stage start option.
- It has handles that feature ergonomic designs to offers a comfortable and firm
- The device comes with all the necessary accessories and hardware. Thus, it is easy to
assemble and set up.
FAQ & Buyers Guide
- How Do I Choose the Best Plaster Mixer?
The appropriate tool to purchase will depend on the type of project you would like to complete. In other words, you will choose tools depending on whether you would like to work on a dense mortar or light paint. Nevertheless, there are vital factors that you must consider all the time. They include:
- Power: The first vital consideration you should take is the thickness of the material. Thicker material is often harder. Thus, it will demand more power and effort. For example, varnish and paint would require less torque to mix up. The torque of the tool determines its strength. Devices with a higher torque feature more power. Plaster mixers range from small DIY mixers (800 watts) to industrial application mixers (8,000 watts) in terms of power. A 1300 watts plaster mixer is versatile enough to perform most professional and DIY jobs.
- Rotational Speed: The rations per minute (rpm) relates to the power of the plaster mixer. Various brands of mixers can attain a different rpm, but the 500 rpm is ideal for most tasks. Plaster miser brands that feature more than 700 rpm are suitable for demanding projects. Some other brands use electricity, which produces more rpm. Hence, the electricity-powered plaster mixers allow users to select or set the rpm according to their requirements. For example, they can set a higher rpm for mixing thick materials such as plaster and cement.
- Mixing Capacity: Most manufacturers provide details about the maximum mixing capacity of the plaster mixers. The maximum mixing capacity indicates the amount of material that you can mix at the same time without causing accidents or overheating the motor. An average of 30kg capacity can serve well for home-based tasks.
- Spindle: Plaster mixers come in two variations, the dual-spindle and the single spindle. The dual-spindle mixers are best for turning in various directions to promote efficiency. On the other hand, single spindles are the most popular and can complete tasks equally efficiently. However, you should pay attention to the maximum mixing capacity of the spindle as well as its maximum diameter. Most plaster mixers feature sturdy spindles. Therefore, you can trust most mixers to perform your task well.
- Paddles and Blades: the manufacturers fix the blade or paddle at the end of the spindle. Plaster blades are more efficient at working on thicker materials than the paddles. Nevertheless, both the paddles and blades can rotate in an anti-clockwise and clockwise direction. Thus, they can mix the plaster from the bottom upwards.
- Mixer Ergonomics: Tools that feature ergonomic designs offer top comfort levels. The plaster mixer you intend to buy should feature ergonomic designs. These designs involve the weight of the device. The best weight for plaster mixers is about three kilograms to eight kilograms. If your project requires a heavy application, make sure that you choose the lightweight unit. Also, there are tools with single and double handles. Although the option varies from one user to the other, you should select the double-handle mixers because they enhance precession mixing and also provide more stability.
- Durability and Protection: The plastering mixer you would like to purchase should endure stress and serve you for an extended period. The paddle should feature rust-resistant material. Steel can be an ideal option, although aluminium is malleable and lightweight. However, the aluminium paddles would fail if you use them for heavy-duty.
- How Do I Operate the Plaster Mixer?
Step One: Choosing the Mixing Paddle
Choosing a suitable mixing paddle will depend on the material you would like to mix. The material could be substantial, medium, or low viscosity. The material you intend to mix up should have a specific way of mixing up. There are two types of fitting you should consider after you have determined the mixing paddle you will use. They include:
- M14 Thread – It is most suitable for hand-help power mixing devices.
- Hexagonal Shank – This option features several mixing paddles and allows users to use the electric drills as the mixer.
Step Two: Connect it To the Power.
Soon after you determine the mixing paddle, you would like to use, and the fitting it contains, connects the machine to either your electric drill or hand-held mixer.
Step Three: Prepare Mixture
Once you connect the paddle safely, pour the material into a container or clean tub, ready to mix up.
Step Four: Using the Paddle to Mix
Soon after you add the material into the tub or container, place the head of the paddle into the mixer and mix it until you attain the consistency and smoothness you want.
- What Are The Advantages Of Using Plaster Mixers?
The plaster mixers can be the ideal equipment for mixing ingredients such as fibrous materials, paints, jointing compounds, and plasters. Some heavy-duty plaster mixers can mix concrete. Also, they feature a Hex shaft, which is suitable for attaching the equipment to a heavy-duty drill or a thread. This method, in turn, helps to boost performance as it allows users to apply heavy-duty motors. The plaster mixers also feature steel and powder-coated finish, which renders them extra-durable. The advantages of using the plaster mixers include:
- Attachable to power mixing tools
- Powder-coated finish
- Steel components
- Durable mixing equipment
- Rapid mixing of materials
The Dewalt Volt Paddle Mixer can be an excellent plaster mixer option available on the market today. Nevertheless, you should check on its features before you choose to buy it. Most importantly, it should come with features that can help you accomplish your project. Above all, you should check on the price of the device before you place the order.